Teeth-in-a-Day is an innovative technique for receiving dental implants and replacement teeth on the same day. This technique provides a quick transition from complete edentulism (when all of your teeth are missing) or uncomfortable dentures to a stable, natural-looking smile.
What’s the Process?
We carefully plan for a highly successful procedure with the following steps:
- Consultation and exam – You’ll receive a consultation, an initial exam, and a CT scan. We will review your medical and dental histories to confirm you are a candidate for this treatment.
- Impressions of your mouth – Your general dentist will take impressions of your mouth to provide your final replacement teeth.
- Planning – We use 3-D imaging to reveal your jawbone, sinuses, and nerves and measure your bone density. It helps us determine how many dental implants should be used and precisely where they should be placed.
- Digital simulation – Digitial simulation helps us identify the best positions for the implants. Four to six implants are used.
- Surgery – Extractions, bone shaping, and implant placement are performed during the surgery.
- Replacement teeth – Your replacement teeth will be attached to the dental implants right after surgery. You’ll leave our office with a new smile.
After Teeth-in-a-Day Surgery
What should you expect after Teeth-in-a-Day surgery?
- A healthy smile – Careful planning and precise placement of your implants will give you a new smile that is secure and immediately beautiful and functional. You’ll be able to eat and speak with ease. And the presence of the implants will help prevent jawbone shrinkage.
- Checkups – Two weeks after implant surgery, you’ll return to our office for a checkup. We’ll ensure the implants are stable and the areas around them look healthy. Follow-up visits will monitor the healing process.
- A healing period – During a three- to four-month healing period, your jawbone will integrate with the dental implants for maximum stability. Although you will be able to eat normally, avoid tough or chewy foods that can put stress on the implants.
- Your permanent teeth – The temporary teeth will be removed, and your permanent dentures will be secured to the dental implants.
The before-and-after photos below of one of our patients show the dramatic, natural-looking results that can be achieved with Teeth-in-a-Day.
Request a Teeth-in-a-Day Consultation
If you would like to know if you’re a candidate for Teeth-in-a-Day, request an appointment for a consultation and exam with one of our specialists. Complete our Request an Appointment form, or call one of our offices near you.