The oral surgeons at Oral Surgery Associates & Dental Implant Centers provide comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgical services.
About the Specialty
An oral surgeon specializes in oral and maxillofacial surgery—surgery of the face, mouth, and jaw. After dental school, oral surgeons receive at least four years of training in a hospital-based residency program. They are trained to provide highly specialized treatment, some of which includes:
- Administering anesthesia
- Performing facial cosmetic procedures
- Performing surgery
- Dental implants
- Jaw and teeth
- Soft tissues of face, mouth, and gum
- Extractions of impacted teeth
- Diagnosing and treating head, neck, and oral cancer
Our oral surgeons provide a wide range of services, including:
- Dental implants – An artificial root form is used to replace a missing tooth. For multiple missing teeth, dental implants can be used to support a bridge, or they can support dentures.
- Bone grafting – Bone grafting is used when there isn’t enough jawbone density to support dental implants.
- Oral surgery – Common surgical procedures include wisdom teeth removal, extractions of other teeth, and exposure of impacted teeth to aid their eruption.
- Oral pathology – Each year in the U.S., nearly 50,000 people are diagnosed with head, neck, or oral cancer. We screen, diagnose, and manage pathologic conditions of the oral cavity.
- Cosmetic procedures – We offer non-surgical skin treatments to erase facial lines and wrinkles, including Juvederm®, Restylane®, Botox®, and Kybella® injections.
Our Oral Surgeons
You’ll find high levels of experience and training among our oral surgeons, including:
- National and international lecturers
- Published oral surgery authors
- Board-certified diplomates and fellows of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Past and current leaders of oral surgery associations and committees
- Members of multiple oral surgery associations
We have offices conveniently located throughout the Atlanta area. Request an appointment online, or call one of our offices near you to schedule an appointment for an examination or consultation.