Dr. Winston grew up on a farm outside of Tyler, Texas. She graduated cum laude with a bachelor of arts degree in biology from Texas A&M University and attended University of Texas Dental School. Dr. Winston moved to Atlanta for her residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Emory University.
After her residency, Dr. Winston was in a small private practice in Atlanta for 29 years. There she started one of the first dental implant practices, which has placed over 10,000 implants. Dr. Winston instructs and trains other dentists on advanced techniques in implantology. Some of her activities include:
- Adjunct professor at the University of Georgia Dental School
- Featured clinician at the Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting for multiple years
- Lecturer at major dental meetings on dental implants and bone reconstruction
Each year, Dr. Winston is listed as a top dentist in Atlanta Magazine. She is so highly respected by dental professionals that many dentists and their families choose her for their own oral surgery needs. As an active member of civic and community affairs in the Atlanta area, she has been recognized by the Georgia Legislature for her work with battered women’s programs.
Dr. Winston is happily married and has three children. Outside of surgery, she enjoys exercising, cattle farming, reading and traveling. She will be practicing at our Roswell and Northlake locations and is devoted to providing quality care for all of her patients.
- Bone grafting
- Dental implants
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Academy of Osseointegration, member
- Academy of Osseointegration Foundation, past president
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Dentists
- American Dental Association
- International College of Dentists