Throughout the oral surgery and dental communities, Dr. Going has a reputation for excellence. He received his DDS degree from Emory University School of Dentistry in 1982, graduating at the top of his class. He completed his internship and residency in oral surgery at the University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago, Cook County Hospital, and Westside VA Hospital. Dr. Going has been in private practice since 1985.
Dr. Going has many years of experience in a variety of areas including:
- Bone grafting surgery
- Dental implants
- Teeth-in-an-Hour – zygomatic and pterygoid implants
- Treatment of oral pathology
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Honorary Pierre Fauchard Dental Society
- Honorary Scholastic Dental Fraternity Omicron Kappa Upsilon
Dr. Going has served on numerous committees of metro Atlanta hospitals. Also, he has published three internationally distributed articles on oral surgery. He maintains his over 20-year membership in the Hinman Dental Society, where he speaks at their national meetings.
Dr. Going believes it is important to care for less-fortunate individuals. As a result, he has participated in the annual Georgia Mission of Mercy dental charity since its inception. He has also performed surgery in Peru on a medical mission trip.
He has a reputation for excellence in the oral surgery and dental community. And he is devoted to providing his patients with the best in compassionate patient care.