Kybella® improves your facial profile by helping you get rid of unwanted fat beneath your chin—also referred to as “double chin.” It’s a non-surgical way to help your face look thinner and younger.
What Is Kybella?
Kybella is an FDA-approved injection that contains a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid. This acid naturally occurs in the body and breaks down and absorbs dietary fat.
How Does It Work?
The injections destroy fat cells beneath your chin, so they can never store or accumulate fat again. When your desired results are achieved, no further treatment is expected.
What to Expect with Kybella Treatment
Before you receive treatment, we take the following steps:
- Schedule a consultation for you with one of our doctors to answer your questions, listen to your aesthetic goals, and explain what to expect during and after treatment
- Review your medical and prescription history to ensure you’re a candidate for this treatment
- Examine your face to identify the optimal injection sites
- Take digital photos of your face for before-and-after comparisons
- Communicate your treatment plan, based on the amount of fat reduction required and your aesthetic goals
Kybella injection sessions usually last 15 to 20 minutes. The number of injections you receive depends on the amount of fat under your chin and your aesthetic goals. Below is an outline of the procedure:
- We will sterilize your face and mark the injection sites.
- Your doctor will use multiple small injections to minimize your discomfort.
- We will cleanse your skin after the session is complete.
After the procedure, you’ll be able to resume your normal activity. If you experience these common, temporary side effects, they should diminish within two to three days:
- Many patients see results after two to four treatments.
- Follow-up treatments are scheduled at least one month apart.
- When your treatment plan is complete, you’ll look in the mirror and see the improvement in your profile and the contour of your chin.
The before-and-after photos below are examples of how this treatment enhances facial appearance.
Request a Consultation
Our board-certified specialists are highly trained and experienced in performing procedures that improve your facial function and appearance. If you’re interested in Kybella, call us to schedule a consultation, or complete our Request an Appointment form.