Juvederm® is a non-surgical treatment that rejuvenates your skin and adds volume to smooth away facial lines, wrinkles, and folds.
How Does It Work?
Juvederm is a formulation of hyaluronic acid gel that is injected into your skin. Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced in the body. Its greatest concentration is in skin cells. It binds to water and adds volume, moisture, and elasticity to the skin. Juvederm has the same effect on your skin as your body’s own natural hyaluronic acid.
What does treatment involve?
- Your first appointment will be a consultation with one of our board-certified specialists.
- The specialist will review your medical and prescription history to ensure this treatment is right for you.
- During the consultation, the specialist will answer your questions, listen to your aesthetic goals, and explain the treatment and results you can expect.
- Your doctor will examine your face to determine the best injection points for the results you want.
- We will take pictures of your face for before-and-after treatment comparisons.
- Before your treatment day, we will give you post-treatment instructions.
- We will cleanse your skin, sterilize the injection sites, mark the sites, and apply topical anesthetic.
- Your doctor will perform a series of quick, tiny injections. The treatment time is usually 15 to 30 minutes, but it varies depending on your aesthetic goals and the areas that need to be treated.
- We will cleanse your skin after treatment.
Facial skin is especially sensitive, so after treatment, you might experience some of these temporary symptoms:
- Redness or other discoloration
The discomfort should diminish in a few days. Before you leave our office, we will review post-treatment instructions with you.
You’ll start seeing results immediately after treatment. Juvederm treatment can last up to a year. After that, follow-up treatments are needed to maintain the results.
These before-and-after pictures show how Juvederm can add volume to the skin and smooth creases and lines around the eyes, nose, and lips. The result is a more youthful face that looks natural.
If you’re interested in this treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified specialists. Our doctors are highly trained and experienced in providing treatment to enhance facial function and appearance. Call us to schedule your appointment, or complete our Request an Appointment form.