Botox® Cosmetic gets rid of laugh lines, frown lines, and the unwanted creases and wrinkles in between. The specialists at Oral Surgery Associates of Atlanta use this minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment to produce natural-looking results that will help you look younger.
What Is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox is a purified-protein prescription medication that blocks nerve impulses in specific facial muscles that, after repeated contraction, create wrinkles and lines.
What’s the Process?
- We’ll review your medical history to ensure you’re a candidate for this treatment.
- One of our doctors will explain the risks, as well as the results you can expect.
- Treatment areas are marked, and digital photographs are taken to show you how Botox will improve your appearance.
- A treatment session only takes 10 to 15 minutes, and injections only last a few seconds.
- Quick, virtually painless injections are applied to the marked areas. The discomfort is brief and minimal.
What to Expect After Botox Treatment
Any side effects that you experience will be temporary. Some patients have slight bruising around the injection areas, but it will quickly fade. Also, temporary weakness of nearby muscles may occur. After treatment, you will be able to resume normal activity. We ensure you have post-treatment instructions before the day of the procedure.
When Will You See Results?
- You’ll start seeing results within one week.
- Improvement continues for 30 days.
- The final results will last three to six months.
- The treatment must be repeated two to three times a year to maintain the results.
- Results are not as dramatic for patients over 65.
Research suggests that long-term use of Botox Cosmetic helps follow-up treatments last longer, so, over time, you might need fewer treatments.
Why Choose A Specialist for Botox Cosmetic?
Board-certified specialists have extensive education and experience in performing surgical procedures. In addition, our own Dr. Brenda Hall has a particular interest in performing cosmetic procedures that improve the function and appearance of your face. She will use this non-surgical treatment to relax your facial appearance in a way that looks natural—not frozen or without expression.
If you’re interested in this treatment and would like to know if you’re a candidate for it, call us to schedule a complimentary consultation or request an appointment online.