The All-on-4 dental implants treatment, trademarked by Nobel Biocare®, was developed by Portuguese dentist Dr. Palo Malo. This technique was designed for completely edentulous patients (all of their teeth are missing) who have low jawbone density. The purpose of the procedure is to avoid the expense and time delay of bone grafting.
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
Four dental implants, if they are placed at angles, give an arch of dentures stable support without the need for bone grafting. More implants can be used for maximum support. Replacement teeth are immediately secured to the implants.
As you can see in the diagram on this page, All-on-4 provides a fixed, full-arch prosthesis on the day of surgery. This technique is sometimes referred to as Teeth-in-a-Day. The two front implants are vertical, and the two remaining implants are angled, or tilted back, up to 45 degrees. Implants are angled beneath your gumline, so when dentures are secured to them they look completely normal.
Ready to restore your confidence in your smile? Call one of our offices today, or book and appointment online!
|📞 Athens Office||📞 Dunwoody Office|
|📞 Buckhead Office||📞 Monroe Office|
|📞 Conyers Office||📞 Northlake Office|
|📞 Covington Office||📞 Roswell Office|
|📞 Decatur Office||📞 Snellville Office|
Who Are Candidates for It?
All-on-4 dental implants are a great option in the following cases:
- You’ve lost most or all of your teeth; or
- You’ve been wearing removable complete dentures and you’re tired of the reduced chewing efficiency and having them slip around; and
- You don’t want to wait months for bone grafts to heal.
This treatment has several advantages.
- Angled implants – All-on-4 uses angled implants to increase contact with your jawbone and provide stability. This avoids the need for bone grafting. And it allows immediate loading of the implants—an arch of dentures is placed on them the same day.
- Saves time and money – It’s faster and less expensive than using grafting to build up the jawbone and afterward placing the implants. You’ll have a faster healing time, too. Bone grafting often requires four to six months of healing time before dental implants are placed.
- Same-day smile – After the implants are placed, your temporary dentures are placed and fitted the same day. You can leave our office with a smile.
- Stimulate bone – Dental implants stimulate jawbone and help prevent bone shrinkage.
- Better function– Your dentures will be anchored, so they won’t slip around, fall out, and embarrass you. It will be easier to eat and speak with dentures. All-on-4 dental implants help your dentures feel more like your natural teeth.
Is All-on-4 Right for You?
It may be your answer for preventing slipping dentures and jawbone shrinkage. If you have questions about dental implants or bone grafting and want to know your options, request a complimentary consultation with one of our specialists. Call us to schedule an appointment, or complete our Request an Appointment form.